Logen is DESPERATE for your prayers. Pray blog family, PLEASE pray. Just grab this code and add it to your blog (html gadget) so you can help us spread the word! Thanks! Pray for Logen

A sincere THANK YOU to all of you who have added this to your blog! And, to Anelys for creating such a cute blinkie!!

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Heart Stuff

I started out my day by going to see the Electrophysiologist. Somebody had finally figured out what is going on with my heart!

I started a new medication for heart failure today, a cardiac glycoside. He started me on the highest dose. My Pharmacist warned me of nausea. He also said if I start to see "Halos" or lights around things (or any other vision change), my dose may be to high and I may need to go up a little slower. Doc also said to drink plenty of electrolytes! Blood tests can show if you have the appropriate levels in your system. I thought that was pretty cool.

He will be admitting me to the hospital for 3 days to start a new beta-blocker (BB) b/c the current BB is not working as it should. My heart rate is still averaging 120, but my blood pressure is around 100/60 (normal is 120/80). So, while my heart rate isn't going down, my blood pressure is. There are too many risks involved with starting the new med, so he won't let me start it at home. It must be done while monitored 24/7. I am waiting to hear back from the nurse on when.

This is a life long condition and surgery isn't an option (at this point, but who knows- maybe somebody will invent it!)- just symptomatic treatment with medications. It will be a combination of a few meds to treat.

Obviously, the biggest risk associated with this is heart failure. But, my doctor seemed confident that with the proper medications we should beable to avoid this. :)

The med I started today may make me tired as it slows things in my body down. My poor heart is so used to going so fast it's not going to know what to do when it gets to rest!

I'm trying REALLY hard not to let this get me down. Please say a prayer for me (and my family) on this. It's a scary thing, but I'm keeping my faith. I think I am going to start "private blogging" again (there's marital probs, Logen's stuff, this, etc!). If any of you are interested in reading, let me know.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

6 comments:

  1. Jeez, Jess, does it ever end?? Huge hugs! I'll be tuning in to the private blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess, my God, girl! I have been praying for you all along and will continue to do so. I'll be checking the private blog...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jess! You really do deserve a break soon. I am praying for you and your family. If you use the same private blog as earlier, I still have the link. Take care of yourself. Big cyber-hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sweetie I am so sorry you are going through all of this. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really don't know how anyone can handle all of this.... If it's okay I would love to be able to view your other blog, have to keep updated on the prayer requests.... Cuz, mama, you need it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am just now reading this. Sorry I have been MIA for a bit around here. I don't even know what to say. I will keep praying for your family. Keep us posted. You are one strong brave person!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts.

Scroll Fx

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online