Logen is DESPERATE for your prayers. Pray blog family, PLEASE pray. Just grab this code and add it to your blog (html gadget) so you can help us spread the word! Thanks! Pray for Logen

A sincere THANK YOU to all of you who have added this to your blog! And, to Anelys for creating such a cute blinkie!!

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Sick Of Therapy!

I guess there comes a point in all of this chaos that you just get tired of it. I know little Logen must be worn out from the constant 'go', or maybe not- b/c that's what he knows to be the norm. This made much more sense in my head driving down the road this afternoon. I was thinking, among the hustle and bustle of trying to find Logen 'private-after-school' therapy, sometimes we all just need a break. Lets all just take off and go somewhere for a month. And, not have regression, or whatever you call the time periods where no therapy is performed and your child just kinda plateau's and doesn't necessarily go backwards, he just may not make leaps and bounds forward during that time frame.
I know somebody else out there is feeling the same. I can't be the only one of there ;) I should take some time off... so I wouldn't have that list of appt's we need to make or offices I need to call to get something sent here or there, or maybe that script I requested Friday still hasn't been picked up from the ped b/c I haven't been available to do so during 'normal business hours'. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Logen and I wouldn't trade him for anything!!!! He's a busy little guy, and I honestly think if we stopped therapy, he'd go crazy. B/c, thats what he knows. And, really- I think I would to. Being 'not busy' like we are now would probably make me go stir crazy, and then my house might be spotless and I wouldn't have to have an excuse when you come to my door and I politely say, "Excuse our mess. We kinda live here" :) ... or maybe I shouldn't, but the idea was nice for a moment.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

1 comment:

  1. Jess

    I completely understand. Every couple of months we do take a week off therapy. I know we go to much fewer sessions than you, but it really does help to refresh us. Reichen seems to do OK during that time because we use the time for family fun events and we work play into it that uses some of the therapy techniques.

    Last month Suzanne was in town the night we had OT. I was talking to our OT about how she was coming to town, but I was going to miss seeing her since we already had the appointment booked. Our OT immediately jumped in saying that we needed to cancel because in the long run, meeting a friend was much more important especially since Sammy and Ike may be able to bounce things off each other as they get older. She knows we do not skip therapy often and she really recommended it.

    If you are feeling this way, I do think you should take a break. Even if it is just for a week, take the time to get the other things in your life back to a dull roar (trust me, I know, I am in school also :)

    trust your instincts. You know best for Logan.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts.

Scroll Fx

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online