Logen is DESPERATE for your prayers. Pray blog family, PLEASE pray. Just grab this code and add it to your blog (html gadget) so you can help us spread the word! Thanks! Pray for Logen

A sincere THANK YOU to all of you who have added this to your blog! And, to Anelys for creating such a cute blinkie!!

Friday, February 6, 2009

Updates

My Internet finally works again! YAY! We managed to keep our power most of last week, only losing it for a few hours. My mom lost hers for 5 days. We have friends that are still w/o power. FEMA has stepped in to help our area. It was a nasty ice storm! I've got some neat pictures of our home. We had icicles as long as Parker is tall. The University looked like a tornado hit the tops of all the trees, it was probably the yuckiest I've seen "in person".

Crazy stuff going on. I thought Parker was going to be kicked out of daycare for his biting today. I had a meeting with the site and program Directors this morning. Talk about anxiety! I am at a loss. I don't know what to do with him. He's got an OT eval in the morning. I think he's got some serious sensory issues. He was in the 16th percentile on his last eval 6 or 8 months ago, which put him like 1-2% away from qualifing. He also qualifies for Speech, there are some delays there. Insurance denies that, they say he's too young. They are still denying Logen too- who would guess a 5 y/o non-verbal child NEEDS speech. Idiots. I hate insurance! I expected 'therapy' from Parker, since he joined the world a little early. Just add another thing to our 'plate'. Why not? Apparently... I can handle it. HAHAHA

Any tips for biters? PLEASE tell me! We are DESPERATE here!

I have a Calculus test Tuesday, Paper due Wednesday, and a Microbio test Thursday. Not to mention we missed all of last week b/c the area shut down with ice. I am going to go nuts this weekend. Just shoot me now.

No word on little Logen's results, yet. Trying to get more therapy. I wish we had more therapists around here! Or better yet, less children with the need for therapy. I am sure we can all agree with that one! I wish my Logen wasn't in such need.

I'm having some 'me stuff' issues. We've been internet-less for the last week- but I'm not sure how much I'll be posting. I'm working on things. It's just hard.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

3 comments:

  1. Been thinking about you lots, Jess!! ((BIG HUGS)) to all of you :)
    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jess, The only way I know how to deal with biters is that if Parker bites you or any one else for that matter is instantly put him down and deny any attention for about 2 - 5 min. He will soon realise that if he wants attention from Mum (sorry, Aussie!) he needs to not bite her. Worked for my two boys. (Kate never Bit)

    Hope this helps and I enjoy reading your blog..

    Drew

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad to see you posting! I was getting worried about you. I hope that everything works out. I know how much you have on your plate. Take care of yourself and enjoy Twilight!! They are great books to procrastinate with!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts.

Scroll Fx

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online