Logen is DESPERATE for your prayers. Pray blog family, PLEASE pray. Just grab this code and add it to your blog (html gadget) so you can help us spread the word! Thanks! Pray for Logen

A sincere THANK YOU to all of you who have added this to your blog! And, to Anelys for creating such a cute blinkie!!

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Apple & Pear Pie

Ok, I have to brag :) I LOVE making new things and I love it even more when the new things turn out fabulous! Tonight was one of those nights!! I made an Apple & Pear Pie for dessert. It was wonderful! I'm sharing the recipe with you!

Apple & Pear Pie
3/4 c cushed Nilla Wafers (about 24 wafers)
1/4 c Packed brown sugar
1/2 stick melted butter (1/4 c)
1 ready to use refridgerated pie crust
4 oz cream cheese (1/4 block)
2 large apples (I used granny smith) - peeled & sliced
1 large pear (mine was green, haha) - peeled & sliced
1/3 c sugar
1/4 c flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Cool Whip or ice cream for the top

Preheat oven to 375. Mix wafer crumbs, brown sugar, and butter until well blended; set aside.

Place pie crust in 9 inch pie plate. Spread cream cheese carefully onto bottom of crust (I softened mine first) Sprinkle with half the crumb mix. Combine fruit in large bowl. Add sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Toss to coat. Pour into pie shell. Sprinkle with remaining crumbs mix. (I made to batches of crumb mix and used 1/4 under the fruit and 3/4 as topping)

Bake 35 minutes or until fruit is tender and crust is lightly browned. I put foil around the crust edges after it'd been in the oven for about 25 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with cool whip or ice cream :) ENJOY!

If you happen to make this, will you come back and comment about it? You don't have to comment on this post, I just want to know what you think about it! I love it! It's very sweet though.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts.

Scroll Fx

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online