Logen is DESPERATE for your prayers. Pray blog family, PLEASE pray. Just grab this code and add it to your blog (html gadget) so you can help us spread the word! Thanks! Pray for Logen

A sincere THANK YOU to all of you who have added this to your blog! And, to Anelys for creating such a cute blinkie!!

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Don't


"DON’T...."
Don’t look at me with pity.
Don’t look with disgust.
Don’t think I am contagious.
Don’t look at my parents like they are to blame.
Don’t think my mom drank or took drugs.
Don’t think my dad hit her while I was in her tummy.
Don’t complain because your feet hurt from being on them all day...
I may never know that hurt.
Don’t moan because you are tired of walking all over your office.....
I may never get that chance.
Don’t get tired of talking on the phone
I may never get to speak.
Don’t get mad when your child is getting into everything when they start walking.....
My parents will cry for joy.
Don’t shush your child when they are talking too much.....
My mother will cry tears of happiness for that.
Don’t scold your child for kissing you too much when you are busy.....
My dad will hug me tight for that.
My parents will believe all of this is a true miracle.
I am not dead.
I am not dumb.
I am not nothing.
I feel.
I hurt.
I THINK.
I LOVE.
I am in this body!
I have rights!
Don’t pass me by & hang your head in sorrow....
Talk to me.
Touch me.
Love me.
But please.......Don’t
* I found this poem this morning, a disABLED teen wrote it. My heart was cring, yet smiling as I thought about Logen telling people this someday. I think the young lady 'hit the nail on the head' with this one. I say, WTG girl!!!! (Her name is Jessica too)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

1 comment:

Please share your thoughts.

Scroll Fx

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online