Logen is DESPERATE for your prayers. Pray blog family, PLEASE pray. Just grab this code and add it to your blog (html gadget) so you can help us spread the word! Thanks! Pray for Logen

A sincere THANK YOU to all of you who have added this to your blog! And, to Anelys for creating such a cute blinkie!!

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Logen Update

Logen is starting prevacid today. This is one of the things discussed in our appt from St Louis. That I have yet to update completely on. He's still waking in the night and he drools alot. At one point, Logen had stopped drooling- completely. So, I know its in him. :) The Neuro said that it could have something to do with acid reflux. And, if we were willing to try prevacid we might be suprised. So, we are trying it. Wish us luck!!!!!

The big points hit in our appt in January~
* She would like to do further testing.
* Referred us to a Neurogeneticist, Audiologist (to look at the flap under the tongue to see if it's 'normal'), and a Urologist (his testicles haven't dropped on their own)
* Try Prevacid for AR
* Botox may be an option for drooling if it becomes very bothersome to Logen
* Gave us a script for a complete thyroid panal (have to have help with this. I cant take both boys to the hospital and expect to get blood from Logen)
* Still not 100% convinced it's CP
* 1st MRI was a horrible image. He was laying sideways in the machine, which made it look like a bad MRI
* 2nd MRI was 'normal' minus the prominent spaces. Whaaaaa?!
* Urine Organic Acids came back normal
* Metabolic labs are also normal

Before you leave they type out a note with the things discussed and recommendations. When I find what I did with it, I will post the ones I missed this go around. Our next appt is scheduled for July. I need to call and schedule the other appts for around the same time. I am guessing we will be there for a week next time.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

4 comments:

  1. I hope the previcid works. Jacob's been on it for about 2 years now and it does help his reflux. He takes the SoluTabs, the disolve great and smell very yummy!

    Have you ever visited us at www.parent-2-parent.com? We'd love to have you...and maybe someone might be able to help. If not...it wonderful support! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jess - sounds like a lot going on. I just wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you and the family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trish! I've tried to get her to visit P2P!
    Ok. Ummm drool. Ask your Dr. about Robinul. It helps Luke greatly. Again...if you posted this on P2P you would get a ton of hits. I think you would love that website honey,.
    hugs,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok I even got a 2nd opinion posted... Try P2P! Pretty Please?

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts.

Scroll Fx

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online